Thumbnail Filmstrip of 9" Foo Dog Statues (Set of Two) Images
These exceptionally detailed statues are mirrored pairs Chinese foo dogs on traditional pediments. Fu dogs are said to be rendered from the descriptions Taoist and Buddhist artists heard of great lions, creatures not native to the Far East. Mythical creatures considered auspicious in traditional Chinese and Japanese Buddhist art and iconography, thought to ward of bad influences and to keep safe the good souls in their charge.
- Large and heavy cast resin reproduction of classic Chinese fu dogs.
- Mirrored pairs, great displayed on a shelf, mantle, or as book ends.
- Beautifully finished, with a dark faux antique bronze patina.
- A traditional gift for housewarming, a new business or partnership, holiday or birthday.
- From our large collection of Japanese, Chinese, Korean & Thai statues and figurines.
Finding unique and interesting interior design accents is not the easiest part of decorating a room, but it is fun, and crucial to turning a house or apartment into a home of one's own. Spend some time browsing selection of oriental styled art and décor from all over East Asia. Find a unique accessory with a touch of the exotic; and remember, foo dogs are thought to bring good luck.